- 5:30 p.m.
- Third Tuesday of Every Month
- Hobart City Hall
414 Main Street
Hobart, IN 46342
The commission is comprised of seven members appointed by the mayor.
- Tom Ehrhardt
- Tiffany Tobert
- Rita McBride
- Christopher Kosovich
- Paula Isolampi
- Pete Morikis
Creation & Purpose
In 2007, the Hobart Historic Preservation Commission was created by Ordinance 2007-31 of the Hobart City Council. The commission is entrusted with the responsibility of developing and coordinating historic preservation activities within Hobart.
Duties & Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of the commission include, but are not limited to:
- Educating the community on the importance of historic buildings and preservation
- Identifying historic buildings, sites, and structures within the town
- Developing local historic districts in order to preserve the downtown and existing neighborhoods
- Developing design guidelines and standards for historic districts
- Serving as a resource to residents and property owners